The guide, developed by farmer Willie Crosby of Fungi Ally, outlines the process of indoor and outdoor shiitake mushroom cultivation. It also includes results from strain research conducted through a Northeast SARE Farmer Grant.
Table of Contents
- Strains and Spawn Sources
- Growing Shiitake Mushrooms on Logs
- Growing Shiitake Mushrooms on Supplemented Sawdust
- Getting Started and Resources
Want more information? See the related SARE grant:
- Improving yields of shiitake cultivation in the Northeast by selecting appropriate strains (FNE16-847)
This material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture through the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.