If you are a grantee or a member of a project team, this information will help you find out about how to manage your SARE award. It may also be used to understand SARE’s expectations before submitting a grant application.
Key Management Points
- Grants are paid as reimbursements.
- Save project-related receipts and invoice on a timely basis. Download invoice template.
- Acknowledge SARE in all journal articles, bulletins, guides, websites and all other resources developed with SARE funding.
- Reports should be timely, complete, and useful.
- Remember that outreach is an ongoing part of your project–don’t wait to do all of it until the end.
- If any concerns, challenges or changes to your budget or project arise, contact the grant coordinator for your program.
Move to Electronic Banking during COVID-19
If you or your organization has not already done so, we strongly recommend that you move to receive project expense reimbursements electronically as there may be a delay in receiving paper checks due to reduced staffing levels due to COVID-19 until the University resumes normal business operations.
Steps to Take
- Complete the UVM W-9 and ACH Supplier Payment Enrollment Forms as soon as possible. You will need to complete both forms (including the W-9 on page 1 so that UVM can confirm your information).
- Consult our tip sheet or contact us if you have questions.
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org using the University of Vermont’s secure email system at: filetransfer.uvm.edu.